Georgina McKinnon - Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy, Counselling and Cognitive Behavioural Coaching, Psychotherapy and Relationship Counselling in Kent and Medway
Am I properly qualified and trained? Yes I am!
I attended classroom training at The Kent Institute of Clinical Hypnosis, based at Benenden Hospital Trust. My training was under the supervision of the course founder leading international therapist and educator Terence Watts. Terence is the author of many best selling publications including Warriors Settlers and Nomads' his books are seen as important industry standard publications.
Terence Watts invited me to join him at The Essex Institute from January 2010 to assist him in teaching his training course. Today I have my own award winning training school for Hypnotherapy training and Psychotherapy in Kent based at the MidKent College, Gillingham, Kent where I enjoy helping train those people just coming into the industry.
I have also become at the invitation of the institute an examiner for the Essex Institute Examination Board. I am a clinical supervisor and enjoy offering supervision and help to other Hypnotherapists and Psychotherapists.
I was honoured to be nominated for a National and International award for 'Student of the Year' at the end of my training.
In October 2014 in London, I was awarded the coveted National and International award for 'Hypnotherapist of the Year' from the Chairman of the Association for Professional Hypnotherapists and Psychotherapists.
In October 2016 at the annual APHP conference in London I was honoured to be awarded a Fellowship of the APHP
I offer clinical supervision and mentoring to graduates of the Kent Insititute of Clinical Hypnosis (KICH) and members of the APHP. In September 2015 I was honoured to be invited by The Essex Institute of Clinical Hypnosis (EICH) to be one of only 8 Mentors in the UK chosen to offer help to any post graduates of EICH courses, now qualified hypnotherapists/psychotherapists who may need advanced help, advice or assistance.
I am also running the only level 1 classroom-based training in the UK in BWRT and also training Level 2 BWRT in the classroom.
Many specialist qualifications have been added to my hypnotherapy base since my original training and I keep very up to date with the latest techniques.
- Qualified Advanced Clinical Psychotherapist & Hypnotherapist.
- Non-medical Psychosexual specialist.
- Cognitive Behavioural Coach.
- Regression hypnotherapist
- A SymbioDynamics practitioner SymbioDynamics™ is a superlative personal coaching model. But it is far more than that - it is a powerful concept that can help individuals to get the best from life whether they want to achieve a cherished goal, establish a loving relationship, or let go of a limiting thought process.
- Childsplay practitioner. Using invaluable techniques for working with children generally, and specifically to enhance learning and daily life for children and adults with dyslexia, dyspraxia and more.
- NLP in practice
- Practitioner of stress management in practice.
- Analytical psychotherapy specialist.
- Licensed HypnoBand Practitioner and specialist in weight loss.
- Practitioner of the award winning 'easy quit' stop smoking programme.
- BWRT 1 and 2 fast effective new therapy that does not require hypnosis or disclosure of the problem.
- I have an enhanced CRB check and am happy to show clients this particularly parents.
- I am a recognised health care professional and am registered with CNHC.
Professional memberships include
The Association for Professional Hypnosis and Psychotherapy (APHP) based in England but has members all over the world. What sets this organisation apart from most of the numerous other hypnotherapy organisations is the fact that every single member has been personally interviewed before being invited to join and/or has received comprehensive training by a school whose standards have been rigorously investigated. I am a Fellow of this organisation.
I am a Senior Associate Member of The Royal Society of Medicine.
I am registered as a CNHC recognised practitioner, the Department of Health recommends that, where CNHC registers the professional discipline in question, you consult with someone who is CNHC registered. This is because the CNHC rigorously checks the qualifications and training of those it registers.
Fully covered by professional indemnity insurance.
For information about your first appointment and costs please visit the Hypnotherapy Sessions page.